Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

My cold is much better. The  baby sweater is coming along.  I fear I will not have enough yarn and will have to use a complementary color as the sleeves, collar and button bands. I bought some needles-straight and double pointed-and ordered some yarn to complete the cables sweater. I have almost completed the layette cap. I need to find my darning needle to stitch the seam in the cap.

I am listening to The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
. Henrietta Lacks was a black woman whose cervical cancer cells were used as the HeLa line of cells that scientists all over the world use.  She was not compensated at all. She was not told that she may not be able to have children after radiation for her cancer. She was infertile after the radiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment