Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rude Nephews

As I approach the end of the cowl and the nephews' birthdays come around, I am afriad that I must stop celebrating their birthdays and much less send gifts to them.  I see the boys as very rude and supported in this rudeness by their father. Gifts I send them are not acknowledged.  When I complain I hear, "You don't give a gift and expect a thank you note." One Christmas I sent gifts, oversized stockings hand-knit.  It took me two years to knit these stockings. I heard nothing.  When I visited and asked about the stockings, the father opened a bag (they had obviously not been hung by the fireplace) and asked, "Are you talking about these?" Recently, I sent an e-card to one nephew and left him a cute little phone message on his cell phone.  I have heard nothing-no "thank you", no "I got your message", nothing.

I disagree with the way the boys are being raised in this regard. I feel taken for granted. I no longer want to go out of my way to do nice little things for them.

3 comments:

  1. Left a few notes on RAV, but thought I'd hop over to your blog as well.
    Sorry you're going through this.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the boys will learn the importance of a simple thank you card. I was raised that way & we raise our kids that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How old are the boys? If pre-teen, you need to take them aside and educate. If older it is their parenting fault and not likely to listen until 30.

    ReplyDelete